Welcome. I’m a lawyer who’s passionate about empowerment. My law practice exists to help grow community wealth, lift up people, and protect and even rebuild our natural resources. That’s why I focus on
small business, cooperatives, and social enterprise.
My practice includes:
- Capital fund-raising–contracts and securities law compliance for small to medium-sized fund-raises, and fund-raising by cooperatives.
- Worker Cooperatives–organizational issues, contracts, and operating issues.
- General small business issues, with a green business and social enterprise emphasis.
- Start-up services
- basic employment issues
- advice in the grey area between business and non-profit law.
Events and Appearances
- Teach-in at SELC’s Legal Cafe on How to Crowdfund a House, Berkeley CA, 3/12/2014. Here are my slides from that presentation (a PowerPoint download).
- Panel on starting a housing co-op, hosted by LivingRoom Realty, Chicago IL, 3/20/2013
- Guest presenter on ways to share housing at New Community Vision’s Housing Mixer, Evanston IL, 4/28/2013
- Great Lakes Bioneers Chicago, panel on cooperative housing, Chicago IL, 11/3/2012
New Legal Rule Will Open Floodgates to Business Investment on www.triplepundit.com
Starting a Benefit Corporation? Should You Incorporate in Delaware? on www.triplepundit.com.
Crowdfunding: The Legal Need-to-Know on www.under30ceo.com.
Mentioned in Forbes Woman.